This omelette was one of the dishes served at the breakfast for former U.S. President, Bill Clinton, at the Sydney Convention Centre on his vist here a few years ago and is an easy and delicious way to use camembert cheese.
- vine-ripened tomato - 1 medium
- olive oil - 1 teaspoon
- eggs - 3, organic or free-range
- cream - 30ml
- unsalted butter - a small knob
- Brie or Camembert - 30g, sliced
- rocket - 1/3 bunch, leaves only (washed and dried)
Recipe makes one omelette
Cut the tomato in half, brush cut sides with olive oil and dry roast in oven for approx 20 min at 160 Celsius.
Break eggs into a bowl, add runny cream, a pinch of sea salt and whisk together with a fork.
Pre-heat skillet or frying pan, add a knob of butter and pour egg mixture in to pan. Stir egg mixture until egg is just set yet runny and soft on surface. Place slices of brie on top of egg, let open omelette settle for a few minutes so the brie will become warm without melting it.
Slide omelette on to a warm plate, serve with ready roasted tomato and garnish with freshly picked rocket leaves.
Sprinkle extra sea salt on top and serve at once
- Recipe makes one omelette
- 1 medium vine-ripened tomato
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 fresh free-range or organic eggs
- 30 ml pouring cream
- 1 knob (heaped teaspoonful) soft unsalted butter
- 30 g camembert (goat or cow milk), sliced
- 1/3 bunch rocket leaves, washed and dried