These delicious little sandwiches are easy to make and perfect for the school lunchbox. Recipe makes six rounds or 24 sandwiches.
- cooked chicken breast or tenderloin - about 300g, diced
- good- quality mayonnaise (S&W) - 125ml (1/2 cup)
- flat leaf parsley - 1 tablespoon, leaves only, finely chopped
- chives - 1 tablespoon, snipped with scissors
- celery - 1 stalk, diced
- salt and pepper - to taste
- softened butter - for spreading
- white and/or wholemeal bread - 12 slices
1. Combine the chicken, mayonnaise, herbs and celery in a bowl. Mix well and season to taste.
2. Butter the bread, trim the crusts. Spread the filling over six slices, press down a buttered slice and cut into quarters. Ask an adult to help with cutting the bread.