These simple, luscious truffles are a break from tradition and offer something a little different as a special treat or edible Christmas gift.
- Prep Time : 20 minutes
- Cook Time : 20 minutes
- Yield : 12
- finely grated good-quality chocolate (70% cocoa) - 3/4 cup
- peanut brittle or toffee pieces - 1/4 cup, crushed
- classic hommus - 1/4 cup (look for the Obela brand)
- good-quality dark chocolate (70% cocoa) - 250g , broken into pieces
- peanut brittle - extra, crushed (or melted white chocolate)
In a small mixing bowl, mix together the grated chocolate, crushed peanut brittle or toffee pieces and the hommus. Cover and chill in refrigerator for 20 minutes.
Remove from fridge and roll mixture into appoximatley 12 bite-size balls, place on a plate or covered dish and refrigerate 20 minutes
Place dark chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water until just melted.
Remove truffle balls from refrigerator and dip quickly into the melted chocolate. Place on a wire cooking rack to drip off excess chocolate.
Top with extra crushed peanut brittle or melted white chocolate. Allow to set 5 - 10 minutes. Remove from rack before they set firmly and stick to the cooling rack. Place on a plate or in a storage container lined with baking paper once they become slightly firm.