Here's a quick, easy, pantry staple which the kids will love - and might even help you rustle up. It works best with leftover rice and you can change it around to suit your taste and what's on hand in your fridge. Cooked chicken or prawns are a good addition.
- Prep Time : 15 minutes
- Cook Time : 10-15 minutes
- Yield : 2 -4
- bacon - 1/3 cup, diced
- onion - 1 small, peeled and diced
- garlic - 1 clove, crushed
- peanut oil - 2 tablespoons
- carrot - 1, peeled, diced and cooked on HIGH in Microwave for 2 minutes
- red capsicum (bell pepper) - 1/2 diced
- cob of corn - 1/2, kernels only
- frozen peas - 1 cup, grated
- cooked cold long grain rice - 3 cups
- Kecap Manis (sweet soy) - 2 teaspoons
- chicken stock powder - 1 teaspoon
- free range or organic eggs - 2, beaten and scrambled
Fry the bacon, onion and garlic in the oil until soft and beginning to colour. Add the cooked carrot, capsicum, corn and peas and stir until well combined.
Stir through the rice. Toss well until rice is heated through then stir in the Kecap Manis and chicken stock powder.
Chop up the scrambled eggs and add to the rice. Stir to combine and serve immediately.