The recipe for this lovely, tasty salad was given to me many years by the talented Sydney-based cookery teacher, Johanna Minogue. Its flavour improves if you prepare it a day ahead and leave overnight, covered, in the fridge. Bring back to room temperature before serving. It's good served with warm pitta bread as a starter, or with barbecued lamb or chicken as a side.
- fetta cheese - 200g
- extra virgin olive oil - 3 tablespoons
- lemon juice - 2 tablespoons
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- lebanese cucumbers - 2, washed, deseeded and cut in 1cm dice
- fresh mint leaves - 1 1/2 tablespoons, chopped
- fresh dill - 1 1/2 tablespoons
- flat leaf parsley - 1 1/2 tablespoons
- red onion - 1 small, peeled and cut in 0.5cm dice
- dill and mint sprigs
- lemon wedges - 2
Crumble the fetta into a bowl and, using a fork, mash with the olive oil and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Add the diced cucumber, onion and chopped herbs. Toss to combine. Place on a serving platter and garnish with sprigs of dill and mint and the lemon wedges.