- Prep Time : 15-20 minutes
- Cook Time : 30 minutes
- Yield : 6 -8
- 20cm pre-baked sweet shortcrust pie shell
- softened unsalted butter - 85g
- caster sugar - 150g
- double shots espresso coffee - 3 very short shots, at room temperature (preferably Espresso di Manfredi)
- orange zest - 1/2 orange, finely grated
- eggs - 2, beaten
- plain flour - 1 tablespoon
- roasted hazelnuts - 200g, skinned and chopped
- 70% good quality dark chocolate - 90g, grated
Makes one 20cm tart to serve 6-8
Cream the butter and sugar then add the zest. Mix in the rest of the ingredients.
Pour the filling into the pre-baked 20cm pie shell and bake for 30 minutes in a pre-heated oven at 180C. Cool and serve with vanilla custard or espresso gelato.