This cheerful, tasty salad is an adapation of one from Greg Malouf's magnificent Turkish cookbook, Turquoise. You can use 100g chopped semi-dried tomatoes instead of fresh tomatoes (or dry the halved tomatoes in a slow oven for a few hours).
- Prep Time : 30 minutes
- Cook Time : 15 minutes
- Yield : 4
- cherry tomatoes - 1 punnet, halved
- Lebanese cucumber - 1 medium, halved lengthways, seeded and cut into half moons
- red Spanish onion - 1 small, peeled and diced
- dried apricots - 1/2 cup (75g), diced
- Israeli couscous - 1 1/2 cups, cooked (follow packet instructions)
- sweet potato (kumara) - 1 1/2 cups (150g), peeled, cut into 2cm dice and roasted
- green beans - 1 cup (120g), cut into 4cm lengths and blanched
- blanched almonds - 1/2 cup (75g), toasted
- natural thick yoghurt - 100ml
- extra virgin olive oil - 1 tablespoon
- lemon - 1/2, juiced
- garlic - 1 clove, crushed
- salt - 1/2 teaspoon
- red chilli flakes - 1/4 teaspoon
- ground cumin - 1 teaspoon
- To serve:
- hummus - 2 cups
- pita breads - 2, cut into small triangles and crisped in a slow oven
Place all the salad ingredients in a serving bowl and toss well together. Combine the dressing ingredients and serve in a bowl on the side.
To serve (optional): smear hummus on the bottom of a platter. Place salad on top, drizzle with dressing. Serve pita crisps on the side.