These light delicious cupcakes are easy to make and will add some zest to your day. You can also add the pulp of 2 – 3 passionfruit to the mixture - remove the paper cups and serve with sliced tropical fruits for dessert.
- Granita biscuits (or similar) - 250g, finely crushed with a rolling pin
- unsalted butter - 100g, melted
- ground cinnamon - 1 teaspoon
- cream cheese - 250g, softened
- caster sugar - 1/2 cup
- cornflour - 2 tablespoons
- eggs, free range or organic - 2
- sour cream or creme fraiche - 300ml
- coconut milk - 1 x 270ml tin
- limes - 2, finely grated zest
- desiccated coconut - 1/2 cup, lightly toasted
- toasted shredded coconut - to decorate
Preheat over to 150degC.
Place double layer of cupcake papers in 12 deep patty or muffin tins.
Combine the biscuit crumbs and butter and stir until well combined. Divide crumb mixture between paper cases and press down to make a firm base.
In a mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese and sugar until creamy. Beat in the cornflour. Add the eggs and mix well until combined. Stir in remaining ingredients and mix well to combine. Spoon into the paper cases. Bake for 30 minutes or until just set.
Cool in the oven with the door open for an hour, then chill until cold. Decorate with toasted shredded coconut.
Also makes 1 x 22cm springform tin.