Fabulous on its own or with char-grilled or barbecued salmon. You can also toss through some diced silken tofu and bean sprouts (tails removed) if liked.
Quantities are easily doubled or tripled. A good one to add to the Christmas buffet table along with the Smoked Chicken and Mango Salad.
- Prep Time : 15-20 minutes
- Cook Time : 25 minutes
- Yield : 4
- cooked brown short grain rice - 3 cups
- red onion - 1 small, peeled, halved and finely sliced
- lebanese cucumber - 1, washed and finley sliced
- celery - 2 stalks, peeled and finely sliced
- baby spinach leaves - 2 cups, washed and dried
- fresh mint leaves - 1/2 cup, washed and torn
- Japanese pickled pink ginger slices - 1/3 cup, drained and lightly chopped
- olive oil - 2 tablespoons
- tamari or soy sauce - 1 tablespoon
- mirin (or dry sherry) - 2 teaspoons
- toasted sesame oil - 1 teaspoon
- garlic - 1 clove, crushed
- caster sugar - 1/2 teaspoon
Put the cooked rice in a medium mixing bowl. Add remaining salad ingredients and toss together well.
Combine salad dressing ingredients in a jar and shake well. Mix dressing through salad and toss well to combine. Pile onto an attractive serving platter.