Here's a quick easy dip to serve with drinks. I really like it spread on a celery stick for a snack. A good one for Lent. I used Goulburn River Hot Smoked Trout which is moist, fleshy and lightly smoked with native Victorian Mountain Ash Eucalyptus.
- hot smoked trout - 125g, skin and bones removed
- fresh ricotta - 150g, cut in half lengthways and fiinely sliced
- fresh lemon juice - 4 tablespoons, plus extra if needed
- thickened cream - 3 tablespoons
- Worcestershire sauce - 1 tablespoon
- tomato sauce or (sweet chilli sauce) - 2 teaspoons
- freshly chopped dill - 2-3 tablespoons
- capers - 2 tablespoons, drained
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Break the trout into pieces and place in a food processor bowl. Add the ricotta, lemon juice, cream and Worcestershire and tomato sauces. Pulse until you have a slightly chunky mixture. Add the dill and capers; season with salt and pepper.
Pulse briefly just to blend mixture. Taste and add more lemon juice if needed. Transfer to a serving bowl. Garnish with extra dill and serve with thinly sliced toast or Ancient Grains Valley Road Pita Crisps. Also delicious spread on crisp celery sticks.