This simple fresh pasta dish relies on the quality of the ingredients you use: good quality spaghetti, fresh ripe tomatoes, fresh lime and garlic. Mixed with a little sambal oelek (hot chilli sauce) the combination of these few ingredients is surprisingly good.
- Prep Time : 20 minutes
- Cook Time : 10 minutes
- Yield : 2
- medium ripe tomatoes - 8 - 10, peeled, chopped and drained in a sieve for 20 -30 minutes
- garlic - 2 -3 cloves, finely chopped
- fresh lime - 1 large, zest and juice
- sambal oelek (hot chilli sauce) - 3/4 teaspoon
- spaghetti - 250g, cut into small dice
- olive oil - 25ml (1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper - to taste
Combine the tomatoes with the garlic, lime zest and juice and sambal oelek and leave to marinate 10 -15 minutes.
Cook the spaghetti in plenty of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain, reserving a little of the pasta cooking water (about 1/4 cup).
Toss the spaghetti with the marinated tomatoes, reserved pasta water, olive oil, salt and pepper. Serve immediately .