Here's a light, tasty dish combining prawns and mushrooms with a a flavoursome dressing which I developed a few years ago for Australian Mushrooms.
- Prep Time : 20-30 minutes
- Yield : 4
- light soy sauce - 1/4 cup
- garlic cloves - 2, crushed
- five spice powder - 1 teaspoon
- brown sugar - 1 tablespoon
- sweet chilli sauce - 2 tablespoons
- light olive oil or grapeseed oil - 2 tablespoons
- button mushrooms - 400g, halved
- medium cooked prawns - 24, peeled (tails intact), deveined
- mixed baby Asian green salad leaves - 100g, washed and dried
- red capsicum - 1, cut into thin strips
- bean sprouts - 1 cup, topped and tailed
- carrots - 2, peeled, cut into thin matchsticks
- coriander leaves - 1/2 cup
- mint leaves - 1/2 cup
- prawn crackers - to serve
Combine the soy sauce, garlic, five spice, sugar, sweet chilli sauce and oil in a screw-top jar. Shake until well combined. Place the mushrooms in a large ceramic bowl. Pour over three-quarters of the dressing. Stir gently to coat.
Cover and stand for 30 minutes to marinate. Add the prawns, salad greens, capsicum, bean sprouts, carrot, coriander and mint to the marinated mushrooms. Toss gently to combine. Spoon over the remaining dressing. Serve with prawn crackers.