Christmas Holiday 2013 School Holiday program commences December 4th, 10.30am – 1.30pm.
Check out the Mini Chef Facebook page here.
“By becoming a cook, you can leave processed foods behind, creating more healthful, less expensive and better-tasting food that requires less energy, water and land per calorie and reduces our carbon footprint. Not a bad result for us — or the planet.”
Mark Bittman, New York Times, 31/12/10
I also conduct BIRTHDAY PARTIES parties – (for 10 children), at your place or mine from $70 per child, depending on menu and location. All food included – deposit of 50% to be paid 2 weeks prior to party.
Colourful mini chef hats & aprons provided.
Balloons, party hats and take-away edible gift provided.
Baking the birthday cake in the class: $50 extra.
If at your house, cost of transport/loading: $60/hour.
Please let me know what your child would like to learn to cook and I shall try to include it in the class.
Whilst I undertake to take the utmost care of children during my classes, I do not accept responsibility for any injury to a child or children which they incur during the cooking class.
” James has been very inspired by your class, and now wants to come up with his own recipes, and has already made two batches of meringues and pasta from scratch, as well as pasta sauce.
I was hoping to come up with a good birthday present, and it looks like it was more than successful. Thanks so much for a great concept to start with, and extra special thanks for doing a gluten free class. And thanks for forwarding the picture, you are very kind.” Karen Zeija, 7/1/13
Thank you so much for the class last Friday. Jaymie really enjoyed it and you gave her a lot of confidence using the knife. We went out and purchased one of the coloured ones very reasonable at the Fish Markets and she has a renewed interest in cooking!” – Julie Goyen, 7/1/13
“Yesterday was fantastic. She even had cause to use some of your tips today. We really appreciate you taking the time and Madi really enjoys cooking with you”. - Madi’s mother
Sheridan. And thank you. Jake had a terrific time and has been raving about how much fun it was and how kind you were to him. Lisa and I both appreciate it and ask you to inform us next time you have a class that you think Jake – or our 7 year-old, Louis, would fit in well too.
Just wanted to say Thank you very much for today. Imogen had such a lovely time and especially liked the Potato and Leek Soup!! She is going to make it for us on the weekend. Thank you again!”
- Erika Westley
“Thank you for a wonderful birthday party for Charlotte and her friends – it was so well organised and the girls absolutely LOVED the food !!!! You are obviously a very passionate cook which really came through to the girls. Let Paula know at school they’re still repeating her name rhymes!!!
There’s nothing better than having kids inspired to cook!!” – Petra Erby, June 2010
Just want to say a big Thank You! My kids had a wonderful time cooking with you today. They learnt heaps and are making me dinner tonight.
Cindy, Jessica and Toby 29/9/10
MINI CHEF APRON & HAT KITS
Brightly coloured Mini Chef Apron & Hat Kits (with wooden spoon or spatula) are available for sale at the classes.
Some of the dishes we cook in the classes:
- Pizza (from scratch)
- Home-made pasta
- Home-made wholemeal bread (in flower pots)
- Bruschetta with Tomato Salsa or Home-made pesto
- Tandoori Chicken (or Roasted Moroccan Chicken)
- Mini lamb roast
- Chicken and Hokkien Noodle Stir-Fry
- Thai-style Chicken, Capsicum and Basil Stir-Fry
- Stir-Fry Beef & Vegetables
- Chicken (or beef) Satays with Peanut Sauce
- Sang Choy Bow (Stir-fried minced pork in lettuce cups)
- Sticky Chicken Drumsticks or mini drumstics
- Spaghetti – with Bolognese /Napoletana/Carbonara/ Alfredo Sauce
- Spiral Pasta with Macadamia Pesto, Chicken and Cherry Tomatoes
- Turkish lamb patties in a pide pocket with hummus
- Vegetarian Lasagne
- Tacos (or Tortilla muffin cups) with Chille con Carne
- Caesar Chicken Salad
- Macaroni Cheese, Cauliflower Cheese
- Sausage Rolls
- Omelettes (Cheese, Mushrooms, Ham)
- Baked Eggs (en Cocotte)
- Quiche Lorraine (with pastry from scratch)
- Vegetable Frittata
- Potato and Leek Soup
- Chicken Noodle Soup
- Sunset Soup (Pumpkin & Orange)
- Potage Bonne Femme (French Farmhouse soup)
- Minestrone or Vegetable Soup
- Chicken stock – how to make
- Avocado Dip or Hummus with rainbow vegetable sticks
- Pizza muffins
Cakes & Biscuits:
- Chocolate Buttermilk Cake
- Chocolate mousse muffins
- “Happy Birthday” Butter Cake
- Orange (or Lemon) Poppy Seed Cake
- Apple Cake
- Upside Down Cake (using fruit in season)
- Little Hummingbird Muffins
- Banana Cake
- Chocolate Mud Cake
- Caramel Mud Cake
- Poached Pears, Peaches, Plums ( in summer)
- Apple Galette or Tartlets
- Chocolate Mousse
- Double Chocolate Brownies
- Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
- Afghan Biscuits
- Cup Cakes (including Red Velvets and Giant Birthday Cupcakes)
- Buttermilk Pancakes or Crepes
- Fruits of the Forest Cake
- Meringues or Coconut Macaroons
- Custard Tarts or Butter Tarts
- Raspberry, white chocolate and coconut muffins
- Fresh Fruit Parfait (with Yoghurt and Sponge Fingers)
- Char-grilled Fruit Kebabs
- Fruit Smoothies and Frappes (eg. Mango and Passionfruit, Banana and Strawberry)
- Moroccan Peaches
- Seasonal Fruit Kuchen or Crumble
- Classic Tossed Green Salad or Edible Flower Salad (in summer)
- Crudites (Raw vegetable sticks) with Hommous or Avocado Dip
- Melon Ball Traffic Lights
- Watermelon Basket with Fruit Salad
- Honey Joys or Chocolate Cornflake Crackles
- Gingerbread Men
- Bella, Grace and Jamie at my kids cooking class
“That was the most beautiful day of my life,” 8 year old Bella 13/1/2010