My kids’ cooking classes aim to teach children to prepare a wholesome, nutritious meal which they love to eat and can reproduce easily at home. I hold my classes in my home in a beautiful setting which spills out into the garden where the children and I have fun looking at and identifying the various herbs and vegetable I grow.
Please check here for next available classes, or contact me for bookings or details or other classes: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Covid Update: I am fully vaccinated and have had 2 boosters. Please ensure your child wears a Covid mask to the class. It’s also a good idea for the the kids to wear closed in shoes.
You”ll find Testimonials here.
Classes are $75 per child.
When attending a class, please bring proof that parents (&/or guardians) are fully vaccinated. All ingredients are provided, plus recipes to take home. The children eat all the food we have cooked.
Date doesn’t suit? Please contact me for further dates and information about Birthday Party Cooking Classes.
I’m sorry, but children with allergies (which require an Epi Pen) or diabetes can not be catered for unless accompanied by a parent or adult.
Whilst I undertake to take the utmost care of children during my classes, I do not accept responsibility for any injury to a child or children which they incur during the cooking class.
A deposit of $35 must be paid seven days prior to class or booking will not be held.
Cancellation of a class must be made 48 hours ahead or full price will be charged.
We cook savoury dishes kids love to eat and can cook at home themselves – and we also indulge in a few wicked things! Hygiene, nutrition – and loads of laughs – are all on the agenda. The children eat the food we have prepared at the end of the class and take home whatever is left over.
Classes are held at my private residence in Cammeray, North Sydney, during School Holiday periods. The classes are aimed at children from the ages of 8-12, and for teenagers aged 12 – 16. Class size is a minimum of 6 and maximum of 8.
If parents wish to join the class, there is a charge of $30 – please contact me to find out details. Proof of Covid Vaccination is required.
In my classes we don’t attempt to do celebrity-chef restaurant-style food, though a couple of my students have done so well, they were in the finals for Junior MasterChef. The classes are a mix of demonstration and hands-on.
Check out my Mini Chef Facebook page here.
Check out this video clip from Channel 7’s Sydney Weekender.
My Mini Chef: Cooking with Kids book is also available at classes for $15 (RRP $25)
Some of the dishes we cook in the classes:
- Potato and Leek Soup
- Chicken Noodle Soup
- Sunset Soup (Pumpkin & Orange)
- Potage Bonne Femme (French Farmhouse soup)
- Minestrone or Vegetable Soup
- Bone broths: chicken or beef stock
- Guacamole, Hummus or Tzatziki with rainbow vegetable sticks
- Pizza (from scratch) with various toppings
- Home-made wholemeal bread
- Bruschetta with Tomato Salsa or Homemade pesto
- Tandoori Chicken (or Roasted Moroccan Chicken)
- Mini lamb roast
- Chicken and Hokkien Noodle Stir-Fry
- Thai-style Chicken, Capsicum and Basil Stir-Fry
- Stir-Fry Beef & Vegetables
- Chicken (or beef) Satays with Peanut Sauce
- Chicken Yakitori
- Sang Choy Bow (Stir-fried minced pork in lettuce cups)
- Sushi (from scratch) with various fillings
- Mini Bat Wings (sticky chicken drumsticks)
- Spaghetti – with Bolognese /Napoletana/Carbonara/Alfredo Sauce
- Homemade Sausage Rolls
- Mac ‘n Cheese, Cauliflower Cheese
- Pasta with Basil Pesto, Chicken and Cherry Tomatoes
- Vegetarian Lasagne
- Tacos with Chile con Carne
- Caesar Chicken Salad
- Fried Rice
- Omelettes (Cheese, Mushrooms, Ham)
- Baked Eggs (en Cocotte)
- Quiche Lorraine (with pastry from scratch)
- Vegetable Frittata
Cakes, Biscuits, Sweet Treats:
- Chocolate Buttermilk Cake or Cupcakes
- “Happy Birthday” Butter Cake
- Orange (or Lemon) Poppy Seed Cake
- Chocolate almond cake or Orange almond cake (GF)
- Apple Cake
- Upside Down Cake (using fruit in season)
- Little Hummingbird Muffins
- Banana Cake
- Chocolate Mud Cake
- Lemon Delicious
- Summer Fruit Kebabs
- Apple Galette or Tartlets
- Chocolate Mousse
- Chocolate Self-Sauce Pudding
- Double Chocolate Brownies
- Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
- Afghan Biscuits or Anzacs
- Choc Chip cookies
- Bliss Balls
- Boston Candy
- Cup Cakes (including Vanilla, Red Velvets, Chocolate Buttermilk and Giant Birthday Cupcakes) with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Fruits of the Forest Cake
- Meringues or Coconut Macaroons
- Raspberry, white chocolate and coconut muffins
- Meringues or Coconut Macaroons
- Buttermilk Pancakes or Crepes
- Fresh Fruit Parfait (with Yoghurt and Sponge Fingers)
- Char-grilled Fruit Kebabs
- Fruit Smoothies and Frappes (eg. Mango and Passionfruit, Banana and Strawberry)
- Seasonal Fruit Kuchen or Crumble
- Classic Tossed Green Salad or Edible Flower Salad (in summer)
- Crudites (Raw vegetable sticks) with Hummus or Avocado Dip
- Melon Ball Traffic Lights
- Watermelon Basket with Fruit Salad
- Honey Joys or Chocolate Cornflake Crackles
- Gingerbread Men