This lovely creamy dip is from my Mini Chef: Cooking with Kids book. It's a terrific alternative to the better known guacamole. Serve it with rainbow vegetable sticks - or with barbecued lamb kebabs or grilled cutlets.
- avocado - 1 large, seeded, peeled and mashed with a fork
- creamy natural yoghurt - 1 cup
- garlic - 1 small clove, peeled and crushed
- fresh basil or coriander, leaves only - 2 tablespoons, finely chopped
- fresh mint - 2 tablespoons, finely chopped
- Lebanese cucumber - 1 small, seeded and diced
- Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper
- lemon - 1/2, juice only
Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Taste for seasoning and add more herbs, lemon juice or salt and pepper to taste.
Tip: to make rainbow vegetable sticks, peel carrots, cut in half lengthways, then slice into matchsticks. Cut celery and capsicum into matchsticks of the same length.