These tasty little morsels, flavoured with lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves, Thai red curry paste, fish sauce and garlic, are just the thing for Christmas entertaining. They freeze well, which means you can make them well ahead and warm in the microwave just before serving.
Minced firm white fish fillets can be substituted for the chicken if liked.
- Prep Time : 30 -40 minutes
- Cook Time : 8- 10 minutes
- Yield : 60
- lemongrass - 3 stalks, white part only, finely sliced
- kaffir lime leaves - 4, central rib removed and finely sliced
- garlic - 4 cloves, peeled and smashed
- red capsicums - 2, membranes and seeds removed and roughly chopped
- small red chillies - 2, deseeded and finely chopped
- good quality Thai red curry paste (such as 'Mae Ploy') - 2 1/2 tablespoons
- Thai fish sauce - 4 tablespoons
- coconut milk - 400ml
- minced chicken - 1Kg
- salt and pepper - to taste
- coconut cream
- kaffir lime leaves - finely sliced
- red chillies - 2 - 3, deseeded and finely sliced
Lightly oil 24 patty cake or mini muffin tins with vegetable oil.
Place the sliced lemongrass, lime leaves and garlic in a Thermomix or bowl of a food processor. Process until chopped as finely as possible. Add the capsicum flesh and process until smooth.
Add the red curry paste and fish sauce. With motor running, add the coconut milk.
Remove half the paste from the bowl and add half the minced chicken. Process until well-combined and smooth. Remove mixture from bowl. Repeat with remaining paste and minced chicken. Combine both the mixtures and stir well.
Preheat oven to 180C (160C fan-forced).
Spoon approx. 1 tablespoon of the mixture into the tins. Top each one with a dot of coconut cream and finely sliced kaffir lime leaf and red chilli. Bake for 8 - 10 minutes.