This simple tasty Middle Eastern-style stir-fry can be eaten hot, cold or at room temperature. Make sure all the vegetables are chopped and ready because you need to work quickly once the oil is hot. A good one to make for St Patrick's Day.
- Prep Time : 20-25 minutes
- Cook Time : 15 minutes
- Yield : 4-6
- couscous - 200g
- organic raisins or sultanas - 40g
- boiling water - 1 cup (250ml)
- olive oil - 125ml (1/2 cup)
- pine nuts - 80g
- garlic - 2 cloves, crushed
- ground cumin - 1 teaspoon, or more to taste
- ground coriander - 1 teaspoon, or more to taste
- green onions (shallots) - 1 bunch, white part only sliced on the diagonal
- zucchini - 2 medium, halved lengthways and sliced
- green capsicum - 1, cut into 2cm cubes
- long green chilli - finely chopped
- coarse sea salt and freshly cracked pepper
- fresh coriander leaves - to garnish
Put the couscous and raisins in a bowl and pour over the boiling water. Leave to soak for a few minutes until all the water is absorbed.
Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan. Add the pine nuts and stir until turning colour, then add the garlic, spices and green onions. Stir well then add the zucchini, capsicum and chilli. Cook, stirring constantly for 1 -2 minutes. Add the couscous and raisins, tossing to fluff up the grains. Stir to combine for another 2 -3 minutes. Season to taste and garnish with fresh coriander leaves.